A number of bus transfers have been organised to service Lorne Infection and Immunity Conference delegates. Places on these buses can be reserved during the online registration process in the add ons section.
Pick up points
Royal Parade Parkville-
Pick up will be from Royal Parade, on the Royal Melbourne Hospital side, between Grattan Street and the driveway entry to Walter and Eliza Hall Institute
Zone L outside International Terminal 2 (bus collection zone)
Bus Transfer to Lorne
|From Royal Parade to Lorne - 15/02/17 at 9:00am
|From Tullamarine (Melb) Airport to Lorne - 15/02/17 at 9:30am
Bus Transfer from Lorne
|From Lorne to Royal Parade via Tullamarine (Melb) Airport - 17/02/17 at 2:00pm
Getting there by Public Transport
1) Once arriving into Melbourne Airport, take the Skybus to Southern Cross Station. The Skybus departs from Melbourne Airport every 10 minutes and it is an approximate 30 minute journey. Tickets for Skybus can be pre purchased or purchased on arrival, for more information visithttp://www.skybus.com.au/.
2) From Southern Cross Station, take a VLine train to Geelong. Visit http://www.vline.com.au for timetable information.
3) From Geelong Railway Station, take VLine Coach to Lorne. The bus will then drop off just outside Mantra Lorne. Please visithttp://jp.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/metlink/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en for timetable information.
1) Gull Airport Service provides a bus from Melbourne Airport to Geelong with regular bus services. For timetable information (as vary on different days) please visit http://www.gull.com.au/?id=melbourneairport_1
Pick up information from Melbourne Airport can be found at http://www.gull.com.au/?id=melbourneairport
2) The service drops off at Geelong Railway Station. From Geelong Railway Station, take VLine Coach to Lorne. The bus will then drop off just outside Mantra Lorne. Please visithttp://jp.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/metlink/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en for timetable information.
1) Taxis are another option from Melbourne Airport to Lorne. This is an expensive option with an approximate cost of $288. There is a taxi rank outside Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
1) Melbourne Airport has six car rental companies located on site. All have offices on the ground floor of the short term car park, and information desks in the Melbourne Airport domestic terminals. Please visit http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/To-From-the-Airport/Rental-Cars/Overview.htmlfor further information. Each accommodation room at Mantra Lorne offers one car parking spot.