- 2019 THEMES
Infectious Diseases and Inflammation
Microbes and the Mucosa
Molecular Basis of Infection
- GENERAL INFORMATION
Means of Submission - Online
By clicking on the link above, you will be taken to a web page where you can cut and paste your abstract in several simple steps. The benefits of this system are many but include:
i. Allowing you to preview your abstract and make modifications to your satisfaction.
ii. Ensuring you know your lodgement is completed as you will receive an immediate email confirmation
iii. Ensuring accurate indexing of all authors in the abstract book
iv. Ensuring consistent presentation of all abstracts in the proceedings (overarching formatting is imposed).
- BEFORE YOU START
* Is your abstract text less than 300 words – it will not allow you to paste larger submissions. The word count does NOT include your title, authoring or cited references
* Do you have your abstract open and running on your own computer? – You need to be able to cut and paste it onto the submission system.
* Do you have an image in your abstract? This conference is NOT accepting images.
* Do you have a table in your abstract? This conference is NOT accepting tables.
- THE PROCESS
* Firstly, you will be asked to acknowledge and understand that for your abstract to be accepted you must be a registered and fully paid delegate. You must also select whether you consent to your abstract being published.
* You will then be asked to provide some keywords to assist in categorisation of your abstract.
* Depending on the conference, you may be asked to supply extra information. For example, “Would you like to be considered for a poster or oral presentation award?”
* Next, you will able to cut and paste or type the title of your abstract in.
* The next screen will ask you to input the authors, organisations and indicate the presenting author by ticking the box.
* After that, you will be able type or cut and paste your abstract text in. Please ensure the abstract is no more than the above mentioned word limit. (Does not include title, authoring or cited references)
* Finally you will be asked to view your abstract to check you have entered it correctly. When satisfied, you will be able to finalise your abstract submission and return to your dashboard.
- ARE YOU AN ECR AND APPLYING FOR A CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARD?
*Yes, you should submit your Career Development Award application at the SAME TIME that you submit your abstract
*Please logon to Currinda to note the questions you are required to complete in your application
*You are advised to prepare your responses to these questions in a Word document and copy-paste your answers into Currinda.
*Please note that word counts apply to each response.
- WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED THE SUBMISSION
As long as you haven't filled your own email address incorrectly, you will get an immediate confirmation of your abstract being submitted.
- YES - YOU CAN MAKE CHANGES AFTER YOU HAVE SUBMITTED
Should you wish to make changes to your abstract after you have submitted it, please log into your online registration dashboard. Click the button “manage” for the conference you would like to edit the abstract for. Under the abstract heading you will be able to view, edit or submit a new abstract.
- ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION
Notification of programming decisions will come from the secretariat after the expiry of deadlines and the working program will be posted to the web site. The notification will include specific presentation instructions but in the interim, those preparing posters should note the maximum size allowed is 100cm wide by 120cm deep. Velcro will be available to fix the poster to the boards. Computer data projection is the preferred presentation method for orals.